A meme is something like a chain letter that spreads from blogger to blogger until someone starts a new one. Most memes seem to involve lists. This one requires seven answers to seven questions:
- Seven things I’d like to do before I die.
- Seven things I cannot do.
- Seven things that attract me to my wife.
- Seven things I say most often.
- Seven books I love.
- Seven movies I watch over and over again.
- Seven people I want to invite to join this meme.
Seven things I’d like to do before I die:
- visit Scotland
- publish a novel (that’s read beyond my immediate family)
- learn to play the guitar
- sail single-handed to the Caribbean
- discover an underground cavern
- drive a Ferrari at high speeds on a race track
- scatter billions and billions of tumbleweed seeds on the grave of Carl Sagan
Seven things I cannot do:
- play the piano
- yodel (not that I really want to…)
- touch spiders
- fold shirts like my wife does
- memorize anything
- eat Hot and Sour soup without slurping
Seven things that attract me to my wife:
- her indefatigable sense of humor
- her smile
- a mind that is never still
- her unwavering faith in God
- her wisdom
- she gets lost in parking lots (it brings out the Boy Scout in me)
- strangely, she loves me
Seven things I say most often:
- You’re kidding!
- Whoa, baby!
- Shoot, I reckon.
- I do not think that word means what you think it means.
- Life is hard, and then you die.
- Vamos a ver.
- My computer hates me.
Seven Eight books I love:
- The Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien
- The New Testament, JB Phillips translation
- Parting the Waters: America in the King Years 1954-63, Taylor Branch
- The Brothers Karamazov, Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- The Civil War: A Narrative (Vols. 1-3), Shelby Foote
- anything by Tony Hillerman
- Cold Mountain, Charles Frazier
- An Anthropologist on Mars, Dr. Oliver Sacks
Seven movies I watch over and over again:
- The Right Stuff
- The Natural
- Groundhog Day (every time I watch it, it seems like the very first time!)
- Get Shorty
- Grand Canyon
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Seven people I want to invite to join this meme: