Bonnie the unicycle-riding, trumpet-playing, lepidopterist who writes at Intellectuelle has tagged me to join in a new meme with the following rules:
- Let others know who tagged you.
- Post 8 random facts about yourself.
- Post these rules.
- Tag 8 others to continue the meme
Here is my riveting list of random trivia.
1. I played the baritone horn in elementary school, an instrument so big I had to lug it to school in my Radio Flyer wagon.
2. When I was 16 and working as a cook for Kentucky Fried Chicken, I developed a deep and abiding love for fried chicken livers.
3. My first car was a 1963 VW beetle. I learned to repair it with John Muir's Step-by-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot, then became the designated VW mechanic for all my friends.
4. My teen-aged ambition was to be "just a singer in a rock and roll band". The Moody Blues was my favorite group.
5. I can never remember the words to songs, but the musical harmonies and rhythms of a song stay locked in my mind after only a couple of hearings.
6. After paying my respects to all 31 flavors in a Baskin-Robbins, I always end up with 2 scoops of chocolate chip in a waffle cone.
7. My ideal summer day would be sailing a 16-footer out Beaufort inlet, heading east along Shackelford Banks on the outside, then dropping anchor behind the Cape Lookout lighthouse. Thanks, Brack, for lots of great summer sailing.
8. I once blew up a yellow-jacket nest with a fire cracker. Bad idea.
I tag the following bloggers: